Monday, 13 May 2013

The problem with the Khan Academy

Most people know about the khan academy. If you haven't go watch the ted talk on it. Personally I wish something like this existed when I was a kid. Learning by myself was much more fun than learning in a class room.

I don't have kids but when I do I want to give them the best possible chance in the world. That would mean showing them the Khan Academy. They could learn at their own pace and learn the concepts much faster.

But what happens when my kids go to school? This is by far the biggest problem: because the Khan Academy is so much better than the school system how am I supposed to tell my child that the inferior and more boring system is the one society wants you to go through.

My hope is that that by the time my kids hit 6 years of age the Khan academy is in the school system. It probably won't be and that is a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon Deals