I'm always looking for places to deploy my game. There is one feature that makes the Chrome Web Store really attractive. It's the fact that in order to be a developer it costs 5 dollars and they only take 5% of the profits. Look at most other places like the app store where it costs 100 dollars a year and they take 30%. Now people can argue that apple is hosting your game and they are marketing the store. But I highly doubt that my game is being marketed. They are just promoting angry birds and other apps. So why do I have to pay 30%?
The proposition fo only giving google 5% is amazing and personally I think that is fair because 30% is a lot. I still think that the Chrome Web Store will be the best place for any development company to make a game. It will especially be a great place for indies to go and be successful.
No comments:
Post a Comment