My last article was about how liberal art degrees have something really valuable for tech degrees. Software production could be more like music performance: practice and perform.
One of the best summer jobs I had in college was landscaping. In a summer I put up an entire suburban park. I learned how to scale big projects that cost a lot of money. Most of the time we spent preparing and most of the visual work was done in a few days. I feel that tech production can be done the same way.
Employees would practice their skills doing drills and exercises and when they get together in a team they would perform. This makes a lot of sense because the employees would be working smarter and not harder.
France used to have a 35 hour work week and 35 hours of performance is enough. Why push the extra grueling hours of little productivity? I always find that Friday afternoons are a wash anyway.
So if are an artist or a programmer, practice your craft and get ready to perform it. Performance is timed, exiting, and fast.
Don't bog down your production with apathy. Make it exciting, it's a performance after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment