Some people love learning by watching videos. One of the most overlooked reasons as to why this is important is the fact that you can watch videos at a faster pace.
When I was making an XBOX 360 game I needed to update my knowledge in C#. There were no post secondary classes that had a course on how to do this and the only course was available through a DVD. The DVD was made with Visual Studio 2005 and we were already in 2009. It was obsolete but most of the information I needed was there.
I was watching the tutorials and going though them one by one. Then I realized that VLC player has a feature that could make your videos play faster. At this point in time I could fly through the videos.
Why go to a lecture in real time when you can watch something at 1.66 the speed. This was my favorite speed to watch videos at. Whenever I watch a tutorial today and it isn't spead up, I don't like watching it.
This is a huge productivity feature nobody talks about. Few educators ever talk about productivity and fewer implement it.
Watch your videos at a faster rate to learn more in less time.
No comments:
Post a Comment